A note from home- 11/8/2009

Hi There!

So I'm home!

The docs released me yesterday afternoon at about 2pm but due to a RX ordering snafu (evidentally UWMC uses those tubes like in the bank drive through to transport prescriptions around the hospital. Mine was misrouted, maybe to a bank!) I didn't get to go home until 4pm.

I was awfully tired yesterday, so I the ride home is a little fuzzy. But we made it home, and I made it up the stairs fine. I would climb one or two stairs and then rest. I got cocky and tried to do 3 without resting, but I was quickly reminded of my limits as I gasped on the stairs.

Mom and Nick set me up on the couch and I just hung out there for the evening. We busted out the pills and split them into a pill divider for morning and evening pills (you know, like the pill thing your great grandmother had? Yeah, I have one of those). I take 8 pills in the morning, 6 in the evening, and 1 each at lunch and bedtime. And if I get anxious, have pain, or can't sleep...More pills!! I've mastered the best pill swallowing technique for me. I put the pills in my mouth, take a swig of water and shake my head like a horse while swallowing. I may looks like Mr. Ed, but it works.

Lauren and Jeff came last night with a homemade, low sodium dinner for us all. Yum! We had chicken breasts with rosemary and parsely, mashed sweet potatoes, salad, and french bread. Having food with fresh herbs was just awesome. And it was good to see Lauren and Jeff! Lauren wanted to see my Sparky scar, but Jeff couldn't handle it, so we had to go in the corner so I could show her. : )

Today's been pretty uneventful...slept in a little, ate a heart healthy breakfast of oatmeal, napped a little, facebooked some. I think a shower is in order later today, but I've got to ramp up to that. It is one flight of stairs up you know. Tomorrow may include a little walk out to the curb! Watch out!

Well, that's all I've got for now! I hope everyone is having a great Sunday!

Adios,
Jana

Kitty Muller really happy you are home again jana. love and hugs

Mandy Morrelli Young Glad you are home!!

Michael Morrelli Glad to hear you are home. It was a big step for me after open heart surgery. Take your time and don't try to do it all at once. I did and it took longer to get up to speed on what I wanted to do. One day and one step at a time.

Kathy Malvern Glad you are home and doing well Jana. :)

Sarah Hawkes Valente You have such a great sense of humor...like always..glad they left it in tact! Praying for you!

Kelly Morrelli Happy you're home lady! Bet the good 'ol sofa beats a hospital bed every time. Wishing you well, happy, and comfy! Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment