Home Again! 11/24/2009

Hi All!!

Ah, home sweet home! I was getting reeeealy sick of being at the hospital, I've got to tell you. But all is well now, because I'm home! I got a good night's sleep in my own bed, and am feeling pretty good.

More on this salt mystery: I talked to the doc yesterday and she let me know that I definately need to be having more salt. For some reason, my kidneys are going gangbusters and they actually get rid of salt very well. I guess most patients with this condition have, um, more vintage kidneys, that don't work quite as well. So that's good news for me! Alcohol is still on the very limited list, but I'd rather have salt any day!! I'm celebrating by eating Hot and Spicy Cheez-its this minute. : )

Over the next few weeks and months, they will continue to increase my med amounts. They will also get me back on the beta blocker (the miracle medicine). The beta blocker is the drug that makes my heart pump more effciently, and kind of gives it a bit of a break. It's not really a problem that I haven't been on this drug for the past few weeks, because it is a long term drug, and it won't make much of a difference when I start exactly.

The doctor also said I will be coming back in about a month to do another ultrasound of my heart to see if it's improving. This really cool, because I didn't think I'd get to check the heart function for 6 months. So we may not see much difference, but at least we can see if it's inching in the right direction. Oh, and they did another heart ultrasound while I was in the hospital and the percentage my heart was pumping improved from 25% to 26%! Ok, it may be semantics and not big enough for the doctors to count, but I'm counting it. I'd rather have it show 26% than 24%!

Also, here is another interesting thing I learned yesterday is about heart disease...even with this heart glitch I have, I am not at any extra risk for developing any other kind of heart disease! Such good news! So I only have to worry about the heart problem I have now, not any other heart problems. Wahoo!

Alright, I'm going to take a little nap now. All the excitement of being home wears a girl out!
Later gators!
Love you!
Jana

Benjamin Trimpe Glad you're back again. Now you just have to rest and get well.

Rhetta Farrill yay!

Sandy Farrill Take it easy!

Kitty Muller some wonderful news there jana. enjoy your holiday feast and get lots of rest. love and hugs

Rosa Roberge Ah such good news!

Errin Kramer-Wilt WAHHHHHOOOOO!

Kelly Morrelli Think your dad can find vintage kidneys on craigslist?? I'm glad yours are working fabulously! Yay! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment