1/4-King of Hearts?

Hi All,

Well, I just got home from my weekly doctor's visit and, as normal, it took about 5 1/2 hours. Whew! Several docs, blood draws, pharmacy, etc. It's a real production! But again, I got out of there without being admitted, so it's a good day!

They aren't thrilled with how I've been reacting to the meds lately (my blood pressure is just too stinkin low), so they changed one of the meds to an alternative, so I'm hoping that will help things out.

They also were concerned that I've been having these spells where my heart beats super hard, I breathe really fast, but I'm still short of breath. On Friday, I had this for 2 hours. They checked Sparky, and there was no sign of anything going on there, so that that means that whatever was happening was at a low enough heart rate not to trigger Sparky to start monitoring. So they lowered the heart rate I have to get to for Sparky to turn on and start monitoring my heart. And they also gave me something very fancy sounding- The King of Hearts!

The King of Hearts is a portable EKG machine that I will wear all the time for the next 30 days. It clips to my belt like a pager (it actually does look exactly like a pager). It has two leads that attach to my skin with stickers, and if I start having an episode, I push the record button and it makes this awful noise "hooooooonnnnnnnkkkkkkk" for 30 seconds while it records my heartbeats. Then I call this phone number and put the device up to the phone and play back the recording, and the computer on the other side listens to the recording (sounds like sonar of my heart beating) and then analyzes it. And if it's something bad, they will call my doctor. And it was really bad, they would just tell me to go to the hospital. Pretty cool huh?

The bummer news is that my doc said I can't go back to work for at least 2 more weeks. : ( Oh well, I'll just try to use these two weeks to catch up on bills and paperwork stuff I guess. Whee.

In other news, I got a digital SLR camera as a late Christmas present, and I'm so excited about it! I've been doing research, and I already think I need a new lens (wide angle? telephoto perhaps?). But those are pricey, so I think I'll wait for that a little down the road. I can make do for now, no problem.

Me at my computer, updating you all on the goings on!



BoBo kept blinking everytime I took his picture-Rat.

That's all I've got for now I suppose...
Talk to you all soon!
Love,
Jana


Rosa Roberge Hoooonnkkk! LOL Seems that a loud surprising honk would get your heart rate going. Maybe that's the idea. haha. That is pretty cool that the device works over the phone. Technology these days. Glad you are staying out of the hospital and you look great in your pic. So does BoBo - that silly cat. Take care!

Jana Farrill Morrelli Yeah Rosa, the sound is pretty wild. And I'm afraid i will be in public when I need to record, but I'll be too embaressed to turn it on! Hopefully, I can just go in a corner and do it or something. Or I can just set it off, and then look around and say "what the heck is that noise?!". Hee hee.

Tammy Chriss you can be like Patch Adams....you can keep a red clown nose in your purse then put it on and press the heart button and let it go hoonnnnkkk...they will love you! *smiles* Or put on a sign that says "Honk if you love Jesus" then press the button. Thanks for the upbeat update...I can bet the whole hospital staff loves you and want you to be their poster child. {{{hugs}}} Enjoy the two weeks resting and playing with your new camera.
January 4 at 9:25pm · Allen Vary it feels sooo good to go and then leave! so glad to hear it! means a lot mentally in the recovery when you start having those more often than not! take care!

Sandy Farrill Thats the look bobo had right before he attacked me- twice. dad

Sandy Farrill You are looking good. Glad you made it through the long day with the docs without getting too tired. Love you

Mandy Morrelli Young Bobo is SO cute! That's awesome that device works over the phone... it's crazy how advanced some of that stuff is. I'm surprised there's not an iPhone app for that. :)

Eric Hyland Jana... maybe when you turn it on and it starts honking... just try and fart really loud. That way it will take peoples attention away from the honking sound.

Jo Carson Love your pics. Looks like a contented cat. Glad you are staying but of that ole hospital. Love ya, Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment