1/14-Day at the Market

Hi All!

I hadn't written in a little while, so I thought I'd write up a post.

It's been a pretty low key week (which is always good). Since I got the King of Hearts last week, I've recorded quite a few times (maybe 20 times or so). The good news is that every time I call in to play back the recording, they've said I'm doing fine and don't have to go to the hospital. The less good news is that my heart is still doing weird enough stuff that I feel like I have to record it. Lots of really hard beats, fast beats, skipped beats, shortness of breath. Nick says my heart should try out for a jazz band "shoo bee doo bop, salt and peanuts, salt and peeeenuuuts!".

I felt lousy the last few days, but today I felt pretty good and I decided that a trip to Pike Place market was just what the doctor ordered! (Ok, that wasn't really in her orders, but I feel there's room for interpretation.)

I've been having a lot of trouble with feeling guilty lately...Like if I'm not well enough to work or do things like major housework, I shouldn't be well enough to do fun things and enjoy myself. And I still feel that way, but I've decided that since I have this time off, I shouldn't feel guilty when I get to do some fun things (that don't wear me out). So in the spirit of enjoying what life has to offer, off to the market I went.

My gem of a husband dropped me off right in the middle of the market so I didn't have to walk far. I went to Delaurentis, a fantastic italian food store, and got capers. I'm midly obsessed with capers, and they had a whole rack of them!





Then I walked around and tried out my new camera in the color-palooza that is the market and the vegtable stands. I got some lemons and mushrooms and will be putting that with the capers tonight to make a lovely piccata sauce. Mmmm.





After that I got a magazine and enjoyed some clam chowder outside under an awning. I was in Post Alley, and it was really quiet except for a guy playing old school jazz tunes on his sax around the corner. : ) Not too shabby.




Then I walked around a little more and then decided I was tired. : ) So Nick came to pick me up and we came home to our warm house. A very good afternoon!

Tomorrow's my doctor's visit, so I'll let you know whats what with that. Hopefully we can streamline these visits down to a brief 3 hours instead of the 5-6 they've been running. I know the drill now, so I'm pretty sure if I pitch in (take my own temperature, draw my own blood) we can get the show on the road!

Good night all!
Love,
Jana

Sandy Farrill what a good day! Love that clam chowder...You were so right...it is deeeeeeeeeeeeeelicious.


Debbie Smith Jenkins Jana, I have spent tonite catching up on all of your posts since this mess started. Your Texas cousins will be lifting you up constantly and we will continue to keep in touch. We love you and I am so sorry you are facing this struggle. Your spirits are strong and your sense of humor will help you through. Your info page says you live in Texas, but I am guessing you aren't here anymore! Do you live in Seattle? It sounds like you are in the best medical hands money can buy, so I am sure they are doing everything possible to get you through this. We love you, let us know if there is anything we can do- remember I am a nurse and if I can research anything for you I would be glad to.
Have a great night and a glorious day tomorrow. Debbie


Jana Farrill Morrelli Debbie-Yes, we have lived in Seattle for almost 3 years now. I've been so happy with the great medical care up here! Plus, if I do ever need to go down the transplant route, my hospital is a center of excellence, so it's wonderful to have that nearby. Thank you for the prayers and well wishes! I love those! : )
I hope you all are doing well! It's great to hear from you!
Love, Jana


Carolyn Keen Thanks for sharing your day with us. Loved those pictures. You should write a book girl. YOu are so blessed with words.


Maggie Parry Salvino What a great day! Your photos are awesome...makes me hungry for some chowder! Hugs!


Errin Kramer-Wilt Hmmmm....I think I need to hire you to take pictures for my blog :) I am so glad you had a great day. YOU DESERVE IT!


Melissa Owens Reasoner Sounds like a great day at the market!! I wish I had a great market close to home...and you have made me hungry! Clam chowder...yum!

Mandy Morrelli Young Great pictures! Glad you got out of the house for some fun time!

No comments:

Post a Comment