Times, they are a changin'-9/9/10

Hi All!

Wow. What a day. I did something today that I never in my life expected to do. I stopped working. I've been working since I was 12 (I had a babysitting empire. It was awesome.). Today I gave my notice at my wonderful job (Account Manager at Kibble & Prentice, an insurance brokerage in Seattle). I just decided I was too tired to keep it up.

Nick and I have been kicking the idea around for awhile, and last week we decided that my attempts at working just weren't worth the energy it took. I was only working 5-10 hours a week anyway, but I really felt a responsibility to be there when I said I would, and I was just putting undue pressure on myself.

The main reason I wanted to stop working (besides being exhausted) is so I can start spending what energy I do have on the things I really care about- which is seeing friends and family. So watch out, I may be coming to a couch near you! : ) First plan- go see my fam in Oklahoma. I can't WAIT. I miss them so much. Nick won't be able to join me this time, but we'll send him lots of pictures of the fun we're having. : )

In heart news, I go to see my cardiologist tomorrow. I will find out the results of the echo (heart ultrasound) I had yesterday, which will tell us if my heart function is improving or not. As always, I have my hopes up that she'll say it's time to make some big decision. But I'm sure she'll just say we need to wait longer to let the meds work. The frustration is mind-numbing.

I think I mentioned last time I was going to try to get an appointment at the Cleveland Clinic. Well, that didn't work out that great. They got all my medical records and told me I was on an "optimal treatment plan". Hmm. I suppose that's good news, except I really wanted them to come up with something different to do. Also, I think they were confused about what I was asking. They thought I wanted to be listed for transplant there, but really I just wanted to get their opinion (after seeing me and testing me). So I may call back to further explain, but frankly I didn't like their attitude, so I'll look elsewhere too.

I've also requested a call from the Mayo Clinic. From my research, I think I like their style better. A little more soft and fuzzy. I like that. I need to be coddled. : )

Anyway, that's about all I have for now. I'm pretty exhausted from this crazy day, so I'm going to go hit the hay.

I'll keep you posted on the appointment tomorrow! Also, I'm taking bets on my heart function results. I was at 18% last time. My vote is 20%. Nick's is 24%. What's your vote? Winner gets a pair of grey socks with non-slip pads on the bottom from my last hospital visit! (Slightly used. Just kidding, they're new!)

Love you all!

Jana

No comments:

Post a Comment