6/6/2010- Taking a break

Hi All!

I was just sitting on my couch, watching Oprah, and thought I'd drop you all a line. (Not that Oprah was boring. Far from it- she had on Kristie Alley who is consistently a train wreck. Good tv, for sure)

Not too much exciting news around here, which is superb on the health front. I'm trying to kick a brutal cold that has NOT caused many heart failure symptoms this time (boo-yah!). Colds just like this landed me in the hospital twice in the winter, so this is a big improvement!

Nick's sister's (Mandy and Kelly) and their families came up from Austin to see us over Memorial Day. Oh, the fun we had! We went to the aquarium, which rocked. You can pet starfish in a big tank. Very fun for us, less fun for the starfish I'm sure.

Addison, our 21 month old niece, had a fabulous time and was as cute as button (even cuter than BoBo, but don't tell Nick I said that). She actually loved BoBo, but her love was unrequited. That cat hissed, snarled, and was generally a jerk to her. And Addie laughed and laughed. She hasn't quite learned to read her audience yet. : )

So as summer starts, I'm excited to see what the season will bring. With this whole heart thing, I really felt like I missed last fall, this winter, and a good chunk of spring. So it's pretty important to me to really feel like I can put my "I was here" stamp on this summer. : ) I just want to spend lots of time outside in the lovely city, enjoy the parks, hang out with our fun friends, and relax. Mmm, sounds good.

Another thing I've been thinking about is taking a break from all this heart stuff. You know, just not have this condition for awhile. Ok, I guess that won't work, but I do want to stop giving it so much energy. For the past few months, I've been on a mission- learning all the details I can, talking to doctors, and researching online. Well I'm tired of it. I'm just taking a break from worrying about it all.

I'll keep taking my meds (duh), going to rehab, and eating pretty well, but I'm not on a mission anymore. I don't think it will hurt anything, and I would love to put that energy somewhere else. So that's the plan. I'll keep you guys updated on how it goes. And I'll do that with a nice glass of iced tea in my hand and my feet propped up!

Adios!
Jana

1 comment:

  1. I think your idea sounds WONDERFUL!! You have had a l-o-n-g winter of it and now there is SUNSHINE!! Get your patootie out there and ENJOY! Summer comes but once a year!! xoxgayxox

    ReplyDelete